Resource Hacker 4.2.5 Free Download
Resource Hacker for Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1. You don’t have to be a proficient IT user so that you bump into a situation where you need to view Windows’ resource and executable files. You might need to modify, add, delete or extract resources. Now you are probably wondering – how am I going to do that?
One option is to bring your device to a professional and let him do the job. Or you can try and do all that yourself by using a specially designed program. One thing to remember is always to do a backup of your files, no matter if you are a proficient user or not.
So now you might be wondering – how should I even find a program like that? A simple search on the Internet will provide you with numerous results, many of those are either inefficient or harmful for your device. But there is one program that is not only freeware but also has numerous advanced features and options is Resource Hacker.
This is a powerful program name as Resource Hacker that will allow you to view, edit, rename, delete, add or extract resources in Windows’ resource and executables files quickly and easily. It is designed to be used mainly by advanced users, but every novice can take advantage of its useful features if he puts his or her mind on it.
Key Features Of resource hacker portable
- This is one of the most efficient programs for viewing and editing resources in .res and executables’ files.
- Resource Hacker supports a number of executables’ files as .dll, .scr; .exe; .mui and many more.
- Resource script files (.rc) can be created and compiled while .res files can be edited.
- Cursor, Bitmap, JPG, GIF, AVI and Icon images are some of the supported resources for viewing.
- WAV and MIDI files can be played while resources as Menus, Dialogs, Accelerators and many more are allowed to be seen as decompiled resource scripts.
- When you are viewing a resource in a file, you get detailed information about it as type, language and name.
- The supported file formats for saving resources are image files as .bmp and .ico; .rc for script files; .res for binary resource files and .bin for untyped binary files.
- In term of modifying resources, you can modify them using two methods.
- The first is by having a resource which is located in another file to replace the specific resource file, or you can use an internal resource script compiler for files as dialogs and menus.
- The function for adding resources works when adding a resource that has been copied from a .res file to an application.
- Resource Hacker has a standard-like installation.
- And though it is created for more advanced users, novices can still figure out how to use it due to its simplified and intuitive options.
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
Author Note: When it comes to similar programs, most people don’t even know where to begin from. This is why the Resource Hacker is the best program for viewing and modifying resource files. It is fairly easy to use, but it is so powerful that you will finish what you’ve started before you even know it.
You can also visit to Buy premium http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/